Jeremy is a senior family lawyer, who assists with high net worth, financially complex divorce cases. He has a particular expertise in cases that involve trusts, businesses and significant investment portfolios.
Jeremy is known for his pragmatic approach in divorce negotiations. He represents his clients personally at round table meetings and in mediation. He frequently appears in the Family Court, High Court and sometimes the Court of Appeal. Jeremy is an accredited mediator and has until recently, been the convenor of the Auckland Family Courts Association. He is also a lecturer at the College of Law and runs workshops for New Zealand’s law students.
Jeremy’s opinions are often sought by news media. He currently has a column in the business section of the New Zealand Herald, called The Ex-Files. He has made many presentations at legal gatherings throughout Australasia. His papers, on a variety of topics, are in the LexisNexis Family Law Guide.
Jeremy is married with three young children.
- Member of the New Zealand Bar Association
- Member of the Family Law Section
- Member of the Auckland Family Courts Association
- Member of Board of Trustee of START
- Seminars on relationship property to ADLS & NZLS
- Mediation Accreditation from the Resolution Institute