To help you plan your separation, we’ve put together our separation checklist. Following these steps will ensure you cover all aspects of your separation and are well-prepared.
- Complete our Relationship Property Questionnaire.
- Decide will you stay in the family home?
- Agree who pays the mortgage on the house, insurance, maintenance and other outgoings.
- Consider the joint bank account – consider freezing accounts.
- Change your password on joint email accounts and get your own new email address.
- Be careful on social media.
- Review health and insurance policies.
- Agree debts to be paid by each party.
- Get support from family and friends and tell work mates if necessary.
- Keep up your exercise and good food. Treat yourself occasionally.
- Remove your name from any vehicle, utility or card that you are not using or have control over.
“The information posted on this website is prepared for a general audience, without investigation into the facts of any particular case. This information is no substitute for legal advice and does not create a lawyer-client relationship; you are advised to consult with a lawyer on any legal issue.”